Thursday, May 24, 2012

Last day of school

This morning as I drove my little boy to school I reflected with him about how things have changed since he started school this year. We said things like "at the beginning of the year we had to walk to school, but now we have a car so we get to drive" and we remembered that Madyn couldn't write very clear at the beginning of the year, but now we can read his writing!


I remember at the beginning of the year, when I would read this poem, it would bring tears to my eyes. Everything about putting Madyn in school made me cry! I love him so much and I wasn't ready to share him yet! However, now that we've gone through one year, I can face the next 12 years without crying or being upset.



My little boy has grown up so much this year! He went from being almost completely incapable of sitting through a 15 minute activity to being able to sit through a 2 hour high school graduation. He now sounds EVERYTHING out and can spell pretty well!

I still can't believe how fast this year has gone! I'm ready for this summer break. I'm ready to have him home with me again!


No comments: