Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh July....

You start out with a bang with the fourth of July. Then next thing I know it's Madyn's birthday, and now its the week my grandpa died 5 years ago. He would've been 76 this year! He was such a big part of my life, and when he passed away, it was the first funeral I went to. It hurt so deeply. I still miss him very much. I wish all the time he could see my son, and be a part of his life. He was such an awesome man. I am very fortunate he got to see him and hold him before he passed away for at least a minute, and I do have some pictures of them together, but Madyn will never know him. I'll just have to pass down the wisdom he passed on to me. I know that he's up there looking down on us, and in a way I know he sees Madyn and us living our lives, its just hard to remember that all the time.

July is such a weird month. This July is specifically more weird to me than any of the past years. It's the last month I have exclusively we have with Madyn. Next month he'll start school and we'll be parents of a kindergartener! I'm so excited for all of the things he's going to learn, and to seeing how he's going change! I know I keep repeating myself and for that I'm sorry!

The month "anniversary" of us living in our house has come and gone. It's still such a nice feeling knowing we don't have to move anytime soon! The house is still very much amazing. I'm very thankful that we were able to find such a wonderful place to plant our family! It definitely is a lot more work than any residence I've ever lived in before, but it is so worth it and I actually enjoy the housework, minus the bathrooms! hah.

Anywhos, hope you all are doing well!

<3
Manda

No comments: