Saturday, September 12, 2009

My friday....

I worked a full shift (10-7) yesterday, it felt great! But I worked a little while by myself. Of course in the time I was alone I encountered(spelling?), a problem. I had a very unhappy customer come in. I HATE when I have unhappy customers, because I feel like it was my fault, even if it wasn't. So she came in to pick up her pictures, I go to the drawer to get said pictures out for her....HM! They weren't there! So I look in our room where our shipment always goes. There was a box of pictures that hadn't been put away. I grab it, head back out to this customer, open the box to find out that her pictures were not there either....At this point, I go to our computer pull up the customer on our screen and then find out that her order never got put through! That explains why they weren't there, but it doesn't explain how she has a reciept and was able to pay for her pictures without an order actually being placed. Her order was almost a $500 order!!!! As I was about to call customer service my 1:20 appointment walks in...LOVELY! So I continue to deal with unhappy customer, by calling guest services, they tell me I need to call our plant where our pictures are printed...OK, so I call them. They tell me to call Guest services back. at this point my 1:00 appointment shows up too, so now not only do I have one unhappy customer I have 2 appointments waiting, and more people walking in for pickups. So guest services lady tells me to go greet my other customers and put unhappy customer on the phone. At this point I take care of the 1:20 appointment that walked in early, because the 1:00 appointment walked in at 1:14. I finished with that appointment and took the 1:00 appointment, and showed them both their pictures on the monitor at the same time. When I came out to take care of those customers, I also checked on "unhappy customer." At this point they tell me that they are hungry and need to get lunch, but are going to reorder their pictures and will be back in a little while. So that allowed me to finish with the two appointments in an orderly fashion and then I was able to help them reorder their pictures when they came back...When they left they were all happy.. It made me feel better knowing I saved this customer from not ever coming back to penney's again. But unfortunately I didn't get a break.....

Today so far is good, got the living room cleaned up, cleaned the counters and got my laundry sorted, just waiting for the laundry room to be free. Brandon's with his dad fixing his brakes, so he'll be back later.

Madyn continues to have success with the potty!!! I'm super excited and don't want to jinx him, but want to offer some kind of big reward. what kind of rewards work well with 3 year olds??

No comments: