Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I think I'm gonna have a great summer!


Today I finally took Madyn to the pool for the first time since it started being steadily 90 degrees plus! It was SO much fun. We spent about an hour and a half there. Even though I thoroughly applied sunscreen I still managed to burn on my shoulders and possibly my face. Oh well. I can tell you it won't be the last! I love the water. Its probably the only part about summer that I look forward to right now.




After swimming we ate lunch and got ready for our consultation appointment with a pediatric surgeon. We spent one and half hours in the waiting room and then got back into a room where 5 minutes later we were done. I'm now waiting for my insurance to "approve" the surgery and then we'll schedule a date to have the hernia removed. I'm so glad that this isn't hurting Madyn at all.




All in all today was amazing! The weather was hot, but we still managed to stay cool. As I plan on doing a lot this summer!

Tomorrow I have an application appointment with a headstart to see if I qualify. I want to get Madyn started with some kind of education this year. If I qualify but the school is too far from home, we have decided I will just essentially home school! Which is kind of exciting to me! I do think I would do well teaching him what he needs to know before Kindergarten next fall (YIKES!), considering I'm his mom and he knows me! However, we'll have to see what tomorrow holds!

Hope everyone had a great tuesday! We're halfway through the week!

1 comment:

ThePetersonFamily said...

glad you guys had fun swimmin. i was a bit chilly when we went last time! Keep me updated on your headstart appt.